Sunday, June 13, 2010
In the mill town
The blog spent a very interesting Saturday evening wandering around the remnants of Hanestown, the village built in 1910 by P. H. Hanes Knitting Company around its new spinning mill, just outside of town (then) on South Stratford Road. The mill closed in 2009 and the entire site was purchased by a local company, whose plans at the moment are not public. Many of the little mill houses remain wonderfully intact, but the neighborhood has the quietude of a ghost town. More to come on this topic.
Posted by S. E. Fahrbach at 11:47 AM